PRICE USD per person - $6,295.00 based on double occupancy for the full Culinary Program-including 9 nights in hotels, meals and experiences outlined in the Program Guide. If paying by credit card, we will add a $220 processing fee per person.
Terms: $500 non-refundable per person deposit to hold your space
50% Deposit due by Monday, April 17, 2023
Full Balance due by Monday, August 14, 2023
Please make check payable to ICAEF and mail with this form to: ICAEF, 8711 E. Pinnacle Peak Road, #104, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
OR Please fax your application to: ICAEF at 480-513-3207
For more information,
please contact Corinne Dudine at email@example.com
Phone (Arizona) 480.513.0756
Cancellations: All cancellations must be submitted in writing. Cancellations received on or before Monday, April 17, 2023 will incur a $500.00 cancellation fee. Cancellations received prior to Monday, August 28, 2023 will incur a 50% cancellation fee of deposits paid. No cancellation refunds on or after Monday, August 28th, 2023 unless there is a waiting list for this Journey and your place can be re-sold. Substitutions will be accepted at no additional charge.
PLEASE INITIAL HERE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE CANCELLATION POLICY
Flights: AIRFARE IS NOT INCLUDED IN FEES.
Please arrive in Dubrovnik by 4:00 pm on October 14th.
Our first activity starts with a welcome dinner. Our final hotel will be in Istria, and there are several airports to select from that are within 75 minutes from our hotel: Portoroz Airport; Trieste Airport or Pula Airport. This is a great area to consider extending your stay to Venice, Slovenia or Croatia’s capital, Zagreb.
By attending this journey, I understand that a professional photographer may be on site and that my photo may or may not be used for marketing purposes and posting on social media.
Itinerary is accurate at the time of this printing, but the producer reserves the right to make any changes they feel will enhance the trip or make it more enjoyable for all involved.
CLJ Code of Conduct - Behavior Guidelines and Policies
The behavior and conduct of our CLJ travelers affects the ICAEF’s overall image and success of the Culinary Learning Journeys. To ensure that all CLJ travelers have the “best experience ever” on a learning journey, please be aware and abide by the following code of conduct.
All travelers shall:
• Be mindful of local laws and respect the customs and culture of the trip location
• Be aware that illegal activities will not be tolerated. The laws abroad may be different from the laws in the US and must be followed. You will be subject to any legal consequences and immediate dismissal from the tour. No refunds will be applicable.
• Not consume excessive alcohol resulting in public intoxication or lewd behavior.
• Respect your fellow travelers by behaving responsibly. Do not exhibit disruptive or offensive behaviors including: abusive or degrading language, physically threatening actions, hurtful criticism, inappropriate touching or using sexually explicit language.
• X marks the spot. Be where you need to be when you need to be there. Scheduled activities are not mandatory but if you deviate from the planned program, you are responsible for any additional costs. No refunds from any scheduled programing will be given.
• Be mindful of your safety and belongings at all times, so that you can avoid any mishaps while traveling.
Foreign Travel and Local Laws
Participants agree to abide by all local laws while on tour and abroad, including those concerning drugs, alcohol and tobacco. If participants abuse or disobey local law they may be sent home at their own expense and waive the right to a refund for any of their tour fee. Participants should also be advised that if local authorities become involved, they would be subject to the laws and consequences of the country in which they are traveling.
In addition to the points above, you will find your trip more enjoyable if you spend some pre-travel time to educate yourself about the culture you’re visiting. Before you jet off across the world, do a little research. How do they dress? What do they eat? How do they say “hello” and “please & thank you”? This will help you adjust to the new environment and keep you from looking like a tourist.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY - READ CAREFULLY – THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
In exchange for participation in the activities of a CULINARY LEARNING JOURNEY (CLJ) organized by the INTERNATIONAL CATERERS ASSOCIATION EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION (ICAEF) and use of the property, facilities and services of the ICAEF, I
agree for myself and (if applicable) for members of my family and/or traveling party, to the following:
1. AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTION. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by the ICAEF, or the employees, representatives, or agents of the ICAEF.
2. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND RELEASE. I recognize that there are certain risks associated with travel and I assume the full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) to my family members and further release and discharge the ICAEF for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities, owned, leased or rented, of the ICAEF, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, the ICAEF or other third parties. The ICAEF strongly recommends that each individual traveling purchase their own travel insurance policy.
3. INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and defend the ICAEF against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgement, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigations costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities or agent facilities of the ICAEF.
4. APPLICABLE LAW. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in a CLJ shall be resolved under Colorado law.
5. NO DURESS. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire. I further agree and acknowledge that the ICAEF has offered to refund any fees I have paid, if I choose to not sign this Agreement.
6. ARM’S LENGTH AGREEMENT. This Agreement and each of its terms are the product of an arm’s length negotiation between the Parties. In the event any ambiguity is found to exist in the interpretation of this Agreement or an of its provisions, the Parties and each of them, explicitly reject the application of any legal or equitable rule of interpretation which would lead to a construction either “for” or “against” a particular party based upon their status as the drafter of a specific term, language or provision giving rise to such ambiguity.
7. ENFORCEABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other application of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provisions shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
8. EMERGENCY CONTACT. In case of emergency, please call:
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.